Finance and Administration Coordinator
Status: Part-time, permanent | Hours: days, evenings, weekends
Wage: TBD | Start Date: TBD
The Brockville Public Library (BPL) is committed to fiscal responsibility and positioning the Library to meet our future financial responsibilities. The Finance and Administration Coordinator works as part of BPL’s leadership team to conduct financial coordination, complete weekly financial administrative tasks, and coordinate BPL’s fundraising efforts in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), leadership team, and staff.
Individual is a customer service champion first and foremost, and in addition is responsible for the following duties:
- Provides correspondence and financial administrative support to the CEO. Including, but not limited to
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of Library bank accounts and credit cards
- Maintains an orderly accounting filing system
- Investigates and responds to internal and external invoice and payment inquiries and follows up.
- Complies with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Coordinates with staff and auditor and prepares for annual financial audit
- Prepares the annual charities return
- Assists the CEO in the preparation of annual budgets and budget monitoring
- In coordination with the CEO and leadership team, uses library branding and strategic priorities to build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders and donors.
- Coordinates the Library’s annual giving, monthly giving and planned giving programs, donor recognition and stewardship in accordance with the Library’s resource development strategies and policies.
- Participates in front-line customer service by actively working shifts on the library service desks.
- Maintains, publishes and submits related records, statistics and evaluations as required.
- Cooperates as a team member in performing all tasks essential to the achievement of efficient and effective service to library customers.
- Coordinates bookings and rentals of meeting rooms in accordance with Library schedules and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven excellence in customer service and required area of expertise.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks required.
- Demonstrated and ongoing familiarity with current accounting and office technology.
- Prior experience or knowledge of fundraising practice and principles.
- Prior experience or knowledge of registered charities.
- Aptitude for organization with attention to detail and accuracy; maintains confidentiality.
- Displays excellent interpersonal and team-oriented workplace skills.
- General office working conditions.
- Constant interaction with the general public.
- Day, evening and weekend service desk shifts required.
- May require travel within the City of Brockville.
- Position requires lifting – 15lbs.
- Remote work opportunity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Emily Farrell, CEO
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday, October 9, 2020 by 5pm
We thank you for your application; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Volunteer training is provided and all new volunteers with the Library will be required to complete Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) and Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulations (IASR) training as well as a training and general orientation session.
IASR training can be completed online at (pdf instructions):
You can use a computer to complete the training and/or print a copy of the training transcript at the Library.
Please download and complete the training forms and bring them to your appointed orientation time.