The Library is closed until further notice, all in-library programs, events, meeting room bookings and exams are cancelled.
Please visit our eBook & Online Resources and programs pages for information available online 24/7.
Computers & Technology during COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Library is currently offering limited computer and technology services.
Existing services are:
- Free public computer access
- 15-minute sessions
- maximum 30 minutes per customer per day
- Printing and copying services
- black and white only
- faxing currently unavailable
- fees apply. Debit or credit or exact change only
- Our online resources continue to be available 24/7
- WiFi continues to be available for free outside the Library. No time limits.
Computers & Technology
The Brockville library provides:
*Please note that some of these services may be affected or temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19
- Free WiFi
- Charging stations
- Gaming equipment (in-library use only)
Get ready to experience the latest technology craze – Virtual Reality! With our virtual reality system you can explore a diverse range of new worlds, experiences and environments.
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual Reality is a three-dimensional, computer generated environment which can be explored and interacted with by a person using a computer, headset, sensors and hand controllers. The user becomes a part of the virtual world or is immersed within the environment and while there is able to interact with and manipulate the environment.
What will I be able to do with VR at the library?
- Explore: Experience our planet like you never have before! Travel around the world, to distant planets and even back in time while never leaving the library.
- Learn: Discover more about oceans, outer space or the human body
- Create: Create unique works of art in a 3D canvas.
- Play: VR takes gaming to the next level by immersing you in a 3D environment.
- All customers must sign a waiver and receive training before use
- Our Oculus Rift is only available for customers ages 16 and up (Customers under 18 must have waivers signed by their legal guardians).
- For some, the use of Virtual Reality equipment can cause dizziness and disorientation. Those prone to motion sickness should take care when using the equipment.
- To accommodate everyone, customers will be limited to 30 minutes of VR usage per day.