The Library Board is made up of volunteer members appointed by Brockville City Council. Most trustees are members of the general public appointed for up to four years and a City Councillor.
The Library Board is responsible for developing library policy and works with the CEO to oversee the Brockville Public Library. You can review the board’s bylaws for a comprehensive look at their roles and responsibilities.
Regular board meetings are held the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 pm at the Library and members of the public and delegations are welcome to attend. **There are no meetings in July & December. Board members may be contacted at email@example.com
Current Board Members
- Nancy Bowman, Chair
- Andreas von Cramon, Vice-Chair
- Leigh Bursey, City Council Representative
- Loretta Corbeil
- Chris Hannah
- Naomi McNeill
- Charles “Chuck” Quick
- Leah Wales
- Margaret Wicklum
Join the Library Board
To qualify as a trustee a person must be:
- at least eighteen years old,
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
- a resident of the City of Brockville for which the Board is established,
- not employed by the Board, the City or the County.
Other qualities of a Trustee:
- An interest in the community, in the library, and in the library’s importance as an integral part of the community’s cultural, recreational and educational facilities.
- A readiness to volunteer time and effort to carry out their duties.
- An awareness of the social and economic conditions of the community and its disparate groups.
- An ability to work well with other trustees, staff, and the public served by the library.
- An open mind, intellectual curiosity, and a respect for the opinions of others.
- The initiative and ability to establish policies for the successful operation of the library and inclusive service for all customers.
- The courage to plan creatively, to execute plans effectively and to embrace diversity.
policy, facility, donations, accessibility, business/accounting
Youth Engagement Coordinator
children & young adult programs, home learners, school outreach
Manager: Customer Experience
membership, book requests, hold, renewals, accounts, book clubs, Inter-Library Loans
Community Engagement Coordinator
volunteers, galleries, BPL Perks, adult & young adult programs
Customer Service Coordinator
community room bookings, home delivery, local history, geneaology
tech training and support, website, internet, exam proctoring, computers, virtual reality
Customer Service Assistants
- Julia Farnsworth
- Melanie Graham
- Maggie Kim
- Jackie Page
- Jennifer Sechi
- Leisa Price-Storey
- Naomi Scales
- Sam Arkeveld
- Nour Khadra
- Jack Sloan
- Malcolm Tait