The Library Board is composed of volunteers appointed for up to four years by the Brockville City Council. Most are members of the general public, with one city Councillor appointed as the City’s representative.
The Board is responsible for developing Library policy and working with the CEO to oversee the operation of the Library.
Current Board Members
- Margaret Wicklum, Chair
- Reid Stobo, Vice Chair
- Cameron Wales, City Council representative
- Charles “Chuck” Quick
- Cheryl Wells
- Jackie Schoemaker-Holmes
- Luanne Rayvals
- Priti Luhadia
- Lindsay Pennell
Join the Library Board
To qualify as a trustee a person must be:
- at least eighteen years old,
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
- a resident of the City of Brockville for which the Board is established,
- not employed by the Board, the City or the County.
Other qualities of a Trustee:
- An interest in the community, in the library, and in the library’s importance as an integral part of the community’s cultural, recreational and educational facilities.
- A readiness to volunteer time and effort to carry out their duties.
- An awareness of the social and economic conditions of the community and its disparate groups.
- An ability to work well with other trustees, staff, and the public served by the library.
- An open mind, intellectual curiosity, and a respect for the opinions of others.
- The initiative and ability to establish policies for the successful operation of the library and inclusive service for all customers.
- The courage to plan creatively, to execute plans effectively and to embrace diversity.
Kids & Families